O’Reilly Training Ltd is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand
your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of O’ Reilly Training Ltd in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- O Reilly Training Ltd
- Contact details of O Reilly Training Ltd
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is O Reilly Training Ltd
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we are
We are a Solas approved training organisation, delivering top quality Ireland an UK accredited safety training courses for a wide range of industries. The priority of O’Reilly Training Ltd is to provide the knowledge and skills required to operate various tools and machinery to the highest safety standard.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Tricia O’Reilly
Purpose for processing your data
We collect name, phone number, title and email address, in addition to your company’s name and contact information.
We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you during our service-related communication and activities. This can include emails, phone calls, documents, and meetings.
We may collect IP-address and actions taken on our websites.
If you upload photos or videos, add posts or comments, etc. on our social media sites, the information can be read by anyone with access to the these sites and used for purposes over which O’Reilly Training Ltd or you have no control. Therefore, O’Reilly Training Ltd is not responsible for any information you submit to our social media sites.
We also collect data about suppliers, partners, and persons seeking a job or working in our company.
Personal Data Use
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To reply to web forms you have completed on our O’Reilly Training website
- To carry out direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest has been established.
- To send you marketing communications. We will only send you marketing communications if you have opted in to this service, and will always enable you to opt out at any time. Marketing communications may include information about our upcoming course availability.
- To send you information about the products and services that you have purchased from us.
- To provide you with relevant information about a course or event you have booked with us.
- To follow up on requests we have received directly via emails or phone calls.
- To carry out contractual obligations relating to your booking. This may incorporate booking confirmation, invoicing and payment, venue details, reminders, and similar.
- To ask for feedback about your experience with our services and products.
What is our legal basis for collecting personal data?
- Collecting personal data based on consents
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems.
- Collecting personal data based on contracts
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
- Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between O’Reilly Training Ltd and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data
How will O’Reilly Training Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
O’Reilly Training Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Who are we sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to O’Reilly Training Ltd in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with O’Reilly Training Ltd procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
We have issued all our third party processors with a Data Processor checklist asking them GDPR specific questions
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data subject rights:
O’Reilly Training Ltd facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
- Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling: you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that O’Reilly Training Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. O’Reilly Training Ltd will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by O’Reilly Training Ltd or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and O’Reilly Training Ltd data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner
If we are collecting your data for a contract and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data. Contact Us
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any queries, questions or comments regarding this Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us.