NPORS Crane Appointed Person / Persons (Lifting Operations)
Course Aim and Contents:
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with underpinning knowledge in order for them to understand the role and responsibility of the Appointed Person. Following successful completion of the course candidates will be able to identify and implement safe systems of work for lifting operations including writing risk assessments and method statements.
Topics covered during this course include:
- Legislation – HASAWA 1974 ‐ LOLER 98, PUWER 98,
- Codes of practice ‐ BS7121
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations
- Crane appreciation ‐ crane types, capabilities and limitations
- Duty charts
- Crane terminology
- Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Crane stability/ground conditions
- Safe Load Indicators (SLI) and Safe Working Loads (SWL)
- Lifting accessories
- Types of accessories and use
- Slinging techniques
- Down rating of accessories
- Sling angles
- Planning a lifting operation
- Writing a risk assessment (end test)
- Writing a method statement (end test)
5th – 9th September 2022
Course Description & General
Requirements for NVQ Level 5 as follows
Stage 1: Day 1-5 Classroom based Max: 6 Persons Appointed Persons
Stage 2: Constructions Skills Health, Safety and Environment Managers and Professionals Test (Touch Screen centre located on the premises in Blessington Co. Wicklow)
Stage 3: CPCS Assessment day
This course is aimed at anyone who is required to plan safe systems of work using lifting equipment. It is recommended that prior to attending this course individuals should have some experience of working with lifting equipment, especially mobile cranes.
Successful candidates will be awarded a Red NPORS Trained Operator card endorsed with the category Appointed Person (Lifting Operations). This card can only be issued if the candidate has an in date Manager’s Health Safety & Environment test which was taken and passed before undertaking the NPORS Test.
Please note the red NPORS card is only valid for 3 years. Within this time you must complete your NVQ level 5 Diploma to convert from Red card to Blue card.
Please contact us for more details